a. Loma Security fees are $600/year or $50/month. If paid by October 15 for the upcoming year, the amount is $500 ($100 off).
b. Playa Security fees are $900/year or $75/month. If paid by October 15 for the upcoming year, the amount is $800 ($100 off). Note that higher security fees and greater participation on the part of Playa homeowners has enabled the Playa to pay its guards more and add a roaming night guard, which may be what accounts for the lower incidence of break-ins, car thefts and other crimes on the Playa compared to the Loma.Type your paragraph here.
March 2018 - President's Letter
Dear LMPOA Members and Non-member Property Owners/Residents:
Since becoming President of LMPOA five months ago, I have discovered that some residents are confused about issues regarding our
community finances, including:
• What our LMPOA dues do and do not cover
• Why we pay two separate categories of expenses (one for LMPOA dues and the other for Security fees)
• Why there are different Security fee amounts paid on the Loma compared to the Playa, and
• How the finances for the Loma and the Playa are handled.
To set the record straight, here are the facts:
I trust this will help clarify these issues for all members of our community.
January 2018 - Message from David Worthy,
Greetings to all LMPOA Members, Owners, Renters and Visitors,
I am so happy to be serving this community as president of LMPOA. The winter season is always special, but here in La Misión –
where exquisite sunsets and sunrises bracket crisp starry nights and sparkling sunny days – this time is extra special.
We are so fortunate to call La Misión home, whether it’s our forever home or a temporary stop along the way.
As I continue the work of the prior LMPOA President, I am thankful for her hard work as well as that of all our volunteer board
members. Being a member of the board is a voluntary position often accompanied by criticism, thankless hours, undue stress
and very little gratitude. Thanks to all!
My goals as president are to make LMPOA the best HOA in Northern Baja, to add to the security, safety and beauty of our community, and ultimately to help increase the value of our properties.
Since joining the board in September, the board and I have been working on a number of fronts. Following are a few of our
accomplishments to date:
• Hired new legal counsel with whom we are working to register our CC&Rs and address other pending matters.
(CC&Rs are expected to be made official by mid-January.)
• Changed the policy to now open the gates for our disabled neighbors even if they do not pay security fees
• Established clear job descriptions for our security personnel
• Moved the Playa security camera monitoring system to the Playa security gatehouse
• Restored the bathroom in the Playa nighttime security building.
• Purchased uniforms for all the gate security personnel (and stayed within budget!)
Of course, there is much more to accomplish. Check back to this website for updates as well as budget information and more. In
moving forward, it is my intention to operate in a completely transparent manner as well as follow best practices on how to
Once again, thank you for the opportunity to serve this special community and I look forward to meeting and getting to know as
many of you as possible.
Copyright 2017 - La Mision Property Owners Association. All Rights Reserved